Monday, February 7, 2011

The Morning After

Yes, the Steelers lost the Super Bowl.  And I’m woman enough to admit that Green Bay played the better game, and therefore deserved to win.  Am I upset?  Not really.  Truthfully, we had a house FULL of friends joining us for the game.  And between hostess duties, and the help of a friend who shall remain nameless getting me inebriated, I missed 95% of the game.   

Now, in the cold light of morning, as I survey the post-party carnage, I am grateful that I didn’t get a work call.  My head is pounding and I’m exhausted.  I am, however, slowly getting my house back to rights—taking frequent breaks to post on Facebook and watch the commercials I missed last night. I’m not in any rush, since Husband Fixture will be in Alabama all week.  That is, if he actually makes it down there.  His outbound flight was cancelled.  He’s got another one, but of course, it’s not for a few more hours, so he gets to hang around the airport a bit longer.  Yeah, today is definitely a Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment