Friday, February 22, 2013

The Other Shoe

has dropped.  Thanks to the doucheasauruses that reside in D.C. being unable to pull their heads out of their posteriors and fix the sequestration issues, it looks like Husband's Fixture's job transfer will be denied as written.  Now if we're willing to give up relocation assistance portion of the offer, they'll process it right away.  Unfortunately, in the current housing market, I don't have a whole lot of confidence that we'll be able to sell our current house anytime soon. 

Our current plan is to drop the price of the house by $5K, and see if we get any interest.  We're also checking with our realtor in Maryland, to see if the owners of the home we wanted would accept a contingency offer.  If so, we're in business.  Should, by some miracle, the relocation assistance come through, we can always drop the contingency and speed things up.  Either way, if we don't have the full hiring package Hubby was originally offered, or if we don't have our current home under contract by March 15, we will be stuck here for the remainder of the school year.  I refuse to move the kids so late in the school year, especially since both of them will be moving up a level next year.  I don't even want to contemplate what will happen if we are unable to get our house under contract by June.  

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I See the Light

 It's faintly flickering, but it seems to be the light at the end of the tunnel.  Just when I'd begun to give up hope that Husband Fixture's transfer would ever get through, we've gotten news of some progress.  It seems my earlier prediction about those tunas throwing their weight around was right on the money.  They've been making waves about their people not getting transferred, and it has been determined that the transfers that were ready to finalized before the halt in personnel office occurred will go through over the next couple weeks.  Husband Fixture's transfer was among those, so the wait will hopefully be short.

When we do get the official word, it'll be not a moment too soon.  Already I have both kids' schools wanting re-registration forms filled out, and I've been summoned for jury duty again.  It's rather hard to fill out those forms when we don't know if we'll even be here in a month.   We also just had our first showing of the house.  If they make an offer, we don't want to have to refuse it. Oh well, we'll jump off that bridge when we get there.