Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day Fun

Now that I’ve managed to chip the ice off my deck and cars (only breaking one shovel), I have the rest of the day to ponder a few things relating to February 2nd.  

Most importantly, I need to do a little shout-out to the Husband Fixture.  As of today, we have been together for eighteen years.  This means if I’d gotten knocked up when we first got together, the kid would be heading off to college now. 

It appears that not only did Punxsutawney Phil fail to see his shadow, but he is quite aware of the goings-on in the NFL (GO STEELERS!!).   As desperate as I am to be rid of this horrid winter, I’m not sure I can pin my hopes to an oversized rat.  But he is kinda’ cute.  Of course, if old Phil is wrong, then I am prepared to dole out an appropriate--yet tasty punishment. 

As I had already gotten the call that our schools would be closed last night, I indulged my insomniac tendencies, and caught a little of Chelsea Lately last night  (around 0200, so technically it aired today).  I about peed my pants over her comment about Charlie Sheen.  It appears he wants to do his rehab at home.  Chelsea suggested that he invite Courtney Love and Lindsey Lohan over, and they could do a remake of Three’s Company.

As it is too miserable for my kids to play outside today, they’ve been watching Season One of Glee.  While part of me is concerned that it’s really not the most appropriate show for a nine and eleven year old, I can’t help but glow with pride when they sing along to Queen, the Beatles, U2, or the Stones. 

Oh, and one more February 2 tidbit.  Two of our dear friends have decided to have their online “wedding” via Facebook tonight.  I plan to break out the champagne to toast to them, eat cake, and make inappropriate comments to the other “guests”.  It promises to be a good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment