Sunday, June 5, 2011

Of Thieves and Droids—Part Deux

On Sunday, we attended our friends’ annual Memorial Weekend party.  On the way there, we had to stop and find a wifi signal to hijack so Husband Fixture could post the final paper for his Master’s course, as we had been without the internet since Thursday.  Once completed, we had even more reason to par-tay.  (Yes, I spelled that correctly)

Our host had recently been inducted as an honorary member of a fraternity at his alma mater, so in addition to the usual crowd, his frat brothers attended.  Oh, how amusing it was to watch our dear friend try to keep up with the college boys.  My hubby and I were among the last few people standing at the end of the night.  Good times. 

The next day, we had to run out for a few things, including a new cell phone.  My phone ended up going for a swim the night before, and as they no longer make that phone, I’d have had to wait a few days for a replacement.  Yeah, not happening.  So I bit the bullet and upgraded to one of the Droid based phones, despite my total lack of interest in the, “there’s an app for that,” craze. But a few of my friends own these devices, so I knew I’d have help setting the danged thing up and using it. 

Then began what we now call the Hangover Redeux.  Basically, we invited a few friends to hang out at our place and nurse our hangovers while the kids ran rampant.  And a member of my personal Geek Squad helped me with my phone.  I’ve almost gotten the hang of it . . .    

No comments:

Post a Comment